Gift Aid Declaration – Nov22
If you are a UK taxpayer, please use the drop-down selector above to join the Gift Aid Scheme.
By selecting Gift Aid, you are making the following declaration:
- I am a UK taxpayer. Please treat all donations I make or have made to Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue CIO for the past 4 years as Gift Aid donations until further notice.
- I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year, it is my responsibility to pay any difference.
Please notify the Treasurer if you
- want to cancel your current declaration;
- want to change your name or home address details;
- no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
Gift Aid Key Facts
When Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue CIO receives a donation from a UK taxpayer, we are entitled to claim an amount of tax (calculated at the basic rate of income tax In that year) paid on that donation. Once you have given your permission for us to do this on your behalf (by selecting the Gift Aid option), there is no need for you to do anything else.
All that is required is that you must be a taxpayer and that you would have paid or will pay sufficient Income and/or Capital Gains Tax to cover all the Gift Aid claimed on all your donations to all charities (and Community Amateur Sports Clubs) in that year. Please note that it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
The amount of tax we claim will be 25% of the total value of your donations in that tax year. If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment Tax Return or ask HM Revenue & Customs to adjust your tax code.
If your tax situation changes and your gifts will no longer be eligible for the Gift Aid scheme, please contact us, and we will amend your record accordingly.
Your privacy is important to us
Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue CIO is a charity registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales under number 1160504
The registered address of the charity is:Bryn Poeth
Tel: 01690 720333 (Note: this number is not constantly manned)